Me being attracted to Latvia and the reasons of being an initiator of this event are:
1. Human being are open to good. Living in Latvia gave us many opportunities. It become our second home. By recognizing Latvia as *Home* belonging to Latvia becomes stronger. By strong feeling of belonging, people start to feel responsibility towards ‘Home’. One of the Responsibility we have living in Latvia is to contribute to its economy, language, culture, science…etc,
2. Living in Latvia, I have heard many times that some people believe immigrants are a threat, do what ever but not for the favor of the country. However, By this event we wanted also to tackle prejudice of this people.
3. Immigrants coming to a new country may lose their orientation, do not know what to do, where to belong, feel frustrated, or even if they have reached a point and feeling of responsibility towards Latvia, they may not know what exactly to do. We wanted to be an example, an advocate, bridge for immigrants to show up themselves at least in this type of events.
4. Learning is best done in practice. Integration is participation. We aimed to involve immigrants of colorful backgrounds and all together start to practice Latvian language and by this increase our participation in the society which leads to learning and integration.
5. Great thinker of our time once narrated ”Immigrants will associate themselves, foster the feeling of belonging to his host country when he/she adds, contributes to his society”. By memorizing, learning, and singing songs in Latvian language we serve for this purpose.
Finally, this is an attempt to come closer to Locals, unite with Latvian language speakers and celebrate the contribution of immigrants in Latvian society.